30-Hour Real Estate Remedial Course
Please contact us for the latest schedule.
The price for the course is $149.99 (free text book + private lesson + special gift)
What Is a New York Real Estate Remedial Course?
THIS COURSE IS REQUIRED FOR ANYONE WHO HAS COMPLETED A 45-HOURS SALESPERSON LICENSING COURSE AND DID NOT OBTAIN A LICENSE BEFORE JULY 1, 2008 OR WHO WAS LICENSED AS A SALESPERSON BEFORE THAT DATE AND NOW WANTS TO OBTAIN A BROKER LICENSE.
NO STATE EXAM IS REQUIRED; HOWEVER, THE STUDENT MUST PASS A SCHOOL EXAM. It is a 50-question multiple-choice exam and a grade of 70 is passing. You will have one hour to complete the exam.
NY State Requirements
Effective July 1, 2008 the following changes have been made by the Department of State regarding qualifications for real estate licenses:
- Salesperson: Education Courses have increased from 45 hours to 75 hours. A salesperson applicant will be required to show proof of completing 75 hours of approved education. Those salesperson applicants who completed the 45 hour salesperson course prior to July 1, 2008 may complete the additional 30 hour qualifying course to satisfy the 75 hour requirement.
- Broker: A broker applicant will be required to show proof of completing 120 hours of approved education. Broker applicants will be required to show proof of completing the 45 hour salesperson course, the 30 hour remedial course and the 45 hour broker course OR the 75 salesperson course and the 45 hour broker course.
Bridge the gap for the new qualifying course requirements for a real estate license in New York with this 30-hr remedial course!
How does a course work?
The 30-hr New York Real Estate Remedial course covers the following topics:
- Contract Preparation - 1 hour
- Predatory Lending - 1 hour
- Pricing Properties - 1 hour
- Municipal Agencies - 2 hours
- Property Insurance - 2 hours
- Taxes and Assessments - 3 hours
- Condominiums and Cooperatives - 4 hours
- Commercial and Investment Properties - 10 hours
- Income Tax Issues in Real Estate Transactions - 3 hours
- Mortgage Brokerage - 1 hour
- Property Management - 2 hours
Completing the Course
You can complete the course in 2 weeks by taking morning or evening classes.
You will need to take just 8 school sessions and pass school exam.